Certificate of sponsorship for tier 2 dependent visa | Roamingdesk.com

Getting a Visa to the UK? Here’s What You Need to Know for Your Family:

1. Main Visa Holder’s Job:

  • If someone is coming to work in the UK, their employer has to give them something called a “Certificate of Sponsorship” (CoS). It’s like a ticket that says, “This person can work here!”

2. Applying for the Visa:

  • The person with the job (let’s call them the main person) uses this CoS to apply for their visa. It’s like saying, “Hey, I have a job waiting for me in the UK!”

3. Family Time:

  • Now, if the main person has a family – a spouse or kids – they can come too! But they need a different visa, called a “Tier 2 Dependent Visa.”

4. No Extra Ticket Needed:

  • Good news for the family: They don’t need their own special “Certificate of Sponsorship.” They just ride along with the main person’s CoS.

5. Family Paperwork:

  • The family needs to show some papers – like marriage certificates or birth certificates – to prove they’re really a family. Makes sense, right?

6. Apply, and You’re Set:

  • The family applies for their Tier 2 Dependent Visa, using the info from the main person’s CoS. It’s like saying, “We’re part of the same team!”


  • Check the latest info on the UK government website. Rules can change, and it’s always good to be up-to-date.


Looking for remote work then visit Roamingdesk.com